Twist Out – 4 Days Old

Hello curlies,
I hope everyone having a great time with family over these holidays.  Today marks the first day of Kwanzaa with principle one being

  • Umoja (Unity): To strive for and to maintain unity in the family, community, nation, and race.
I don’t know what’s on your agenda today, but I’ll be volunteering to feed the community this morning. Let’s get involved people and take back our community by showing love and compassion.

This below picture was taken yesterday with my 4 day old hair curls still hanging in there.  At night, I put a satin scarf around my crown and a bonnet on to sleep.  In the am, all I did was gently pulled at my curls, put a large scrunchy to pull my curls up, and topped it off with a headband; easy as pie!  I must tell you I haven’t worked out so that’s a variable.  I’ll be heading to Vegas soon so I’m trying to see how I’ll wear my hair, but don’t fret, you know I’ll be sharing with you!
My beautiful African people, I implore you to love your African heritage, walk in it, and be proud of it.  Until next time…..Shauntay

Comments

Popular Posts