My First Outing ~ Movie Night ~ Wounded Healer

 It's Me Again,

Are you guys tired of me yet?  I hope not because I'm just getting started.  16 days post surgery, I was given the opportunity to have my first outing, the movies.  How did this happen you ask?  Well, what had happened was....I was asked to share my surgery experience with a patient. If I have the chance to influence someone so they can have a better quality of life, then I'm down.  What's the number I said?

I had and will always have a positive outlook on my situation (life experiences) as a whole.  This whole journey called life has its ups & downs, but before my spiritual relationship with God occurred I handled things totally different.  No matter what positive idea anyone had, I didn't want to hear it.  I wanted to stay in that negative space, now I won't allow negative energy in my space.  Thank God for change, patience, deliverance, and a whole new look at life!
Because I'm so happy with the results of my surgery and recovery, there was never a hesitation to share my experience not expecting anything in return from the patient.  So, when I was told to bring my family & friends to the movie theatre to be comped, my heart leaped for joy.  We all know that it can cost a small chunk of a paycheck to take 5 people to the movies, but this good Samaritan made our night.  I knew the person wanted to see & interact with me because I could tell him anything over the phone, but once he saw me and talked to my mom he saw that this was the best decision for me.  : )

The movie didn't start until after 7, then my mom took me out to dinner so I literally made it back around 11:30pm, after 12 could've been a problem.  I felt like a teenager again.  Especially with my colorful outfit, infinity scarf, and cool socks!!
 
Only my inner circle knew that the thing around my waist wasn't a waist trainer or fashion statement, but a back brace.  People were so surprised that I just had surgery.  I'm still in awe at the difference I feel and I'm still early in my recovery.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect & will never be perfect again, but I'm sure going to do my part to get back a lot of the mobility I use to have.
For my hair:
  • I let my twists down
  • Sprayed my natural hair and parts with my conditioner mix to hydrate her
  • Massaged some Moisturize Me onto my natural hair
  • Glided some Grow Me (Oil) into my parts and visible hair
It's been about 6 weeks since the surgery, and I thought I'd finally have help around the house along with a partner.  Yet, there's no text, call, nor is there anything I could do for you around the house?  Nada.  I guess all my thoughts were wrong.  I guess I'm just a different type of friend. 

It's all good though, things are getting done just taking a little longer, but I'm getting stronger and stronger everyday (mentally and physically).  What doesn't kill you WILL make you stronger, it's not just a saying!!  I'm now #onamission.  Note to self: Be careful of someone who'll leave you at what you think is your lowest point, even though you were there for them when they were at their 'so-called' lowest.  I won't let it stop me from being there for the next person though, help is always needed in this horrible world with broken people. #Wounded Healer  Thank you Minister Joyner for such a strong kind well needed word Sunday and for the unexpected visit in rehab.  It was a greatly appreciated and a much needed surprise.

Until next time.....Shauntay

Comments

Popular Posts