A Little Color Never Hurt Anyone

Hello world,

It's just me sharing my outfit of the day (OOTD).  It's funny how I shied away from colors in the past.  It wasn't until I studied abroad in Namibia, Africa that I exposed myself to different colors.  Now, I assumed Africans wore a lot of colors, but you know what they say about assuming.

My goal and desire was to blend in with the people, and learn their culture.  I didn't want to stick out like a sore thumb.  Ironically, it was the exact opposite because they thought I was from Angola (a country in Africa). I was told Angolans were known to wear many colors.  

Score!!! I fit right in with the people of the Motherland. I don't know why I was worried, my ancestors are from that continent so they're all my brothers and sisters.   For the record, I've been wearing colors ever since and at every chance I get.


I was asked why I had on long sleeves and tights, isn't it too hot there? Namibia is beneath the equator which means the season is opposite ours (North America).  I left America in the summer, so it was their winter in Namibia; some nights I had to use the heat.  Honestly, I don't think anyone pays attention to the weather until they're visiting another country.  You can learn something new everyday.


Until next time......Shauntay

Comments

Popular Posts