Dressed for Success in His Royal Blue ~ Study Abroad to Africa

Good day all,


I was back at it again promoting Study Abroad to Africa, this time at Norfolk State University's (NSU) study abroad fair.  It was truly an honor being at a Historical Black University (HBU), and I met some amazing people.  It was great seeing them so interested and engaged in studying in Africa.  There are many preconceived notions regarding the continent so I say go see for yourself.

For me, it was a goal that seemed so unattainable until I started college, and my hard work started to pay off.  I hope they take advantage of  the opportunity of a lifetime being they're already in the right place, college.  It'll change their lives forever; it changed mine.

Study Abroad to Africa is currently accepting students for the Spring semester to study at the University of Johannesburg in South Africa.  Students have many concerns when it comes to studying abroad.  On one hand, they really want to go; on the other they're concerned about how they can pay for it, and the course equivalency.  University of Johannesburg accommodates all the majors and my response to paying for the program-where there's a will there's a way.  If you have the will, we'll find the way to pay.  I'm living proof! 

This event was a milestone for me being that it was my first time promoting on my own.  I was a little nervous, but that went right out the door when the students started coming to the table.  I almost missed my plane because it was so busy even through lunch.  I felt bad having to talk while I was packing, but hope they enjoyed themselves as much as I did.


During lunch, I tried to get a clear shot of the display; this was the best I could do.  That banner has my lifelong admirers on it, some of the students who participated in the program. 

My hair held up even though I forgot my Grow Me (Oil) and AVJ spray.  Who does that?  Me, of course.  : )  Until next time.....

Shauntay

Note:  You'll find the link for University of Johannesburg and Polytechnic of Namibia on the StudyAbroadtoAfrica.org website.

Comments

Popular Posts