Let's Teach Our Girls to Love Their Curls

 
 
In the words of Ms. Viola Davis, there is not one woman in America who does not care about her hair, but we give it too much value. We deprive ourselves of things, we use it to destroy each other, we’ll look at a child and judge a mother and her sense of motherhood by the way the child’s hair looks. I am not going to traumatize my child about her hair. I want her to love her hair.
 
I came across this link and had to share.  This woman is writing a book teaching young girls to love their curls.  She's raising for publishing, printing, etc., and has the breakdown in the video.  I really hope she reaches her $3,000 goal ($950 so far) because this book would be awesome!  Your hair is just an extension of you, it doesn't make you.  I don't know why there is such a big emphasis on hair that grows out of your head.  The deadline is this month guys to give, but I'll be donating this weekend.  Would you join me? 
 
 
ps:  One may ask, if it's no big deal then why are there so many natural hair blogs?  My answer is, because we neglected our natural hair for so long that we forgot how to take care of it, and some of us need help.  So to all my hair bloggers out there, BLOG ON!!!!
 
Until next time.....
 
Shauntay

Comments

Popular Posts