The Help Me Scholarship Fund is Here!!


Greeting & Salutations everyone,

Last month, I released the first Help Me Scholarship Fund application and guidelines for the program.  This is another project after my own heart being that I received over $10,000 in scholarship money to study abroad in Namibia, Africa through Study Abroad to Africa (SATA).  Out of all the things I accomplished in life, this is by far the best experience yet!
I'm not going to put the whole story in this post because I've decided to blog my whole experience, episode by episode.  I chose the Service Learning Program because I always want to help and being that one of my goals is to start a Non-Profit, they placed me with SOS Children's Village, Ondangwa.  This is where I helped with budgeting, financing, and fundraising for the village, which is very dependent on donations but would like to become more self sufficient.

After studying abroad 4 years ago, God has opened many doors, and because of that I'm going to be obedient and take my tithes and sow into a child's future.  This program was started with my own money that I used to pay to churches, but when God touched my heart to do this I ran.  Why?  Because, the people I thought would be involved weren't for one reason or another.  I had said forget it, I'm not going to pursue this adventure.

Then, early this year while visiting home, a friend of mine said she was going to the high school to visit.  I want to go, I said!  Can I tell you that as soon as I walked through those doors, God told me as clear as day, YOU MUST DO THIS!!  An overwhelming sense of urgency came over me and now we have the Help Me Scholarship Application Packet available to the public.

Parents, Guardians, and students, if you have or know of a student attending Asbury Park High School in Asbury Park, NJ and they're an exemplary student, please tell them to apply for the Help Me Scholarship p.  We want to reward the student for their contributions to society, and show them how to start applying for scholarships before they enter college.

Until next time, stay tuned......Shauntay

Comments

Popular Posts