From Concert to Comedy

Hello my Curlies,
As you are aware, I'm quickly approaching my one year anniversary of the biggest change in my life, geographically, emotionally, and physically.  However, it was my first Mother's Day without physically being in her presence.  No worries, she'll be here soon enough.

I was invited to dinner on Mother's Day, and that is when I found out Snoop Dogg was going to be in Concert, so I said I'm going.  When I went online to purchase the tickets, I found out Mike Epps was going to be at the same arena the next day; so I purchased a ticket for both events.  I thought this would be a great way to meet new people and network.
Once the tickets were purchased, I immediately starting thinking about what I wanted to wear and how I was going to wear my hair.  I had been playing with flexi-rods and wanted to perfect it.  When an event is coming up, I always vision what I want to wear.  Ironically, I always find exactly what I'm looking for!!  Is that God?! Since my favorite color is blue, I knew I'd wear my blue sneakers for style, comfort, and support.  Whenever I wear these sneakers (which were a gift by the way), I receive non-stop compliments.  Thanks girlie!

I'd never been to this arena so I wanted to make sure I was comfortable but still cute.  I knew I wanted to wear a pink dress but that was all I knew, so on the hunt I went.  I ended up purchasing 2 pink dresses; one for $15 and the other for $11.  What can I say?  I'm a sucker for a sale on dresses under $20.  I got this beauty from Old Navy's clearance rack, and the accessories from my favorite store - Charming Charlies.  My little sister told me about that store, and I completely fell in love. What girl wouldn't?
For my hair:
  • After co-washing, I applied some leave in conditioner and Moisturize Me.
  • Then using the horse-shoe method, I put flexi-rods throughout my head (8-10)
  • I slept with them in overnight, but my hair still wasn't dry the next day
When your hair doesn't come out the way you want, you can always use a headband, hair pin, or some type of accessory to save the style.  That's one of the great things that I love about wearing my hair in it's natural state.
Since I had a blue theme going on, I decided to stick with it.  In my shopping travels, I had purchased a blue dress because it matched my wedges.  I had already checked out where the show was going to be and knew I didn't have to walk that far.  Plus, valet going to be available, so I was good.
For my hair:
  • After the concert, I put it up for the night in a loose high ponytail and covered it with a satin bonnet
  • The next day I sprayed my edges all around my head with distilled water, put some Moisturize Me on it, and brushed.
  • I used a thick black headband to put my hair up and topped it off with a beaded, colorful headband my dad bought me back from overseas
Honestly, I think my hair came out better the next day.  This comedy show was headlined by Mike Epps with Gary 'G Thang' Johnson hosting.  They both are hilarious, but G Thang definitely had us laughing all night.  After his first set, he gave out his Instagram information.  I quickly opened my phone and followed, liked a couple of pictures, and welcomed him to town.  Well low and behold, this handsome man liked one of my pictures; I was sooped!

After the show, I was able to tell him thank you for liking my picture.  "That was you?!  I'm going to follow you back, he said!"  As I handed him the money for my dvd I said, "I'm going to give you my business card too."  And, I'm going to take it, he said.  : )  I love these down to Earth celebrities.  I didn't know the comedy show was actually a set up for an even greater meet & greet.
It was a great couple of days, then I had to get back to reality and realize I'm not a spring chicken anymore.
Stay tuned.....Shauntay
For more videos, click here.

Comments

Popular Posts