How to Achieve Heatless Curls using Flexirods

Hi Curlies,
Today marks a month since my last post, and boy have I been busy.  The bone stimulator has been removed and now body is mine again.  With this new found freedom, I decided to do a flexirod set on my freshly washed hair.  I purchased every color at Long Branch Beauty Supply at 492 Joline Avenue, Long Branch, NJ, while I was there.  They were $2.99 a piece which was a blessing because they’re more expensive where I live.
I also purchased The Mane Choice shampoo, conditioner, and 3in1 (Co-wash, Leave-in, Detangler), Manetabolism (Hair, Nails, Skin) pills, and the edge control; the mask and gel was out.  Yes, I said shampoo!!  If you follow my blog, then you know my hair doesn’t like shampoo, but I gave it a shot anyway.  From the first time I saw and took her Manetabolism pills I said, “This woman is going to be a millionaire because these pills are on the hairfinity level!”  Update: Her company grossed $25 million!!  Her personal testimony is an inspiration in itself.  Then to see how her company has grown in 3 years, tells me the possibilities for Naturals are endless.  Thank you Mrs. Courtney Adeleye for being a Black Queen that Rocks!!
I started my wash by:
  • Applying Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque as my pre-poo, and thoroughly rinsed out.  I did keep it in overnight using the greenhouse effect which I won’t do again; it irritated my scalp.
In the video below, you’ll see me applying The Mane Choice shampoo, the results after rinsing it out, applying the conditioner, the take down of the flexirods, and the final results.  After rinsing out the shampoo, the 3in1 conditioner was used as a leave-in and steamed with my Heutiful Hair Steamer. To detangle, the Felicia Leatherwood & Denmark brush was utilized followed by my Moisturize Me, finishing with the Heutiful foaming lotion.  I used around 34 flexirods in total.  To install, I twisted the root and then wrapped my hair around the flexirod in a downward motion, then folded the ends to comfort.  When removing the flexirods, I was gentle so I didn’t disturb the curl or pattern.
Heatless Curls with NBS featuring Jennifer Hudson “If This Isn’t Love”

I was recently watching “Brandy’s Being” on Centric, and found further confirmation that people can grow & mature thru adversity.  I grew up listening to Brandy and remember wanting “to be down” when that hit came out.  Brandy’s growth helped me with mine, and seeing the women she is now made me cry.  She said she’s happier now than before when she was at the top of her game.  Ironically, that’s how I feel; once you love yourself fully & unconditionally then you find God and the world is yours.  Until next time……Shauntay

Comments

Popular Posts