Mary Mary Private Screening Premiere in NYC

Hello world,

After returning from an awesome event, I was met with the flu along with a 48 hour stomach virus.  Yay me!!  I was taken out the game for 2 weeks; it was probably the change in weather that did it to me but who knows.  However, before I knocked at death's door, I had an amazing night in NYC with the Gospel duo - Mary Mary.  My mom won tickets after the craziest word day ever, and I kind of invited myself. I felt so blessed that she allowed me to ride shotgun.


This was a private screening for the premiere of their season 5 reality show that airs on wetv.  Ironically, when I was invited I thought this was a only concert but to my surprise we were in for a treat.  We all watched the premiere together; unbeknownst to us, Mary Mary and friends were watching with us!  The event was at BB Kings who hosts many events.  We drank, ate, and was merry until the Mary's came!
Many of us took advantage of the back drops along with the professional photographer that was there.
Once they got there, it was on!  The night started off with a question & answer session with 2 ladies from the radio station hosting.  As Neicy T walked pass me and said this is your last time to speak before the show starts, I couldn't let this moment pass me by.  I had to grab the mic and say what I was destined to say to Tina Campbell and that is what I did.  The reference me on the wbls website.

Next, pastor Warren Campbell (yes, he's a pastor now and Erica is a first lady) blessed us with his presence and a short interview. Up next was the famous celebrity stylist extraordinaire - GooGoo.  Man, I'd love for her to style me just once because her sisters always look amazing!!
When mom asked if I wanted to go, I told my mom I have to thank Tina for sharing her story regarding her marriage.  Many people said she should've left him and this or that, but I had to thank her for sharing her pain and restoration with the world.  Does she know how many marriages her and her spouse saved by being obedient?  Well low and behold, I got the chance to express myself and when Tina came out Liz Black told her what I said.  😊. We must encourage ourselves & others.
Lastly, the ladies came out for their interviews and even blessed us with a single from their solo projects.  But, when asked what Mary Mary song did we want to hear, of course my choice was 'Go Get It' while everyone else wanted to hear 'Yesterday.' When Tina said drop the music, I lost it because my anthem was playing.  They didn't know they had a background singer that night.
Erica Campbell performed her hit 'I Luh God' looking like a covered up Beyonce.  I absolutely love this song and that beat is ridiculous.  Both ladies were beautiful as usual. 


Traveling sick is horrible but at least I didn't look as bad as I felt.  I hope you enjoy as much as I did!!  Until next time.....Shauntay

Comments

Popular Posts