My 1st Las Vegas Experience - Part 2

Peace & Blessings everyone,

After all the festivities of the lecture event, my travel buddies & I decided to hit the strip.  Now, every time I turned around they were getting something for free - lunch, shows, money!!  What in the world was going on because I found myself paying for everything?!  : (  I was hot!!  We ate at Lombardi's and I had the grilled chicken risotto, which I wasn't fond of; I should've gotten my traditional Italian dish.  I ended up walking back to the hotel instead of Ubering, which helped my back and made me sleep well that night.  But, before I made it home, I met this talented king playing John Legend -All Of Me on his violin.
I topped my record by taking over 18,000 steps over a certain period of time.  Winning!!  I had to go shopping because for once in my life, I didn't pack enough clothes!!  I found this beautiful jean dress at Forever 21 which was a size Medium!!  Never in a million years did I think I'd wear a size medium in my adult life, but eating clean and working out is definitely getting results.

I brushed my hair with my Felicia detangler brush, moisturized with some Moisturize Me, and twisted my hair & bantu knotting the ends for traveling.  
I took a stroll down the strip to find food and waste time until my flight took off.  I was ecstatic when I found the M&M Soul Food on the Las Vegas strip South.  Oh my goodness was that food amazing!!
I wish I had ordered one to go!  The Queen blessed me with a side of mac & cheese.  Hallelujah!!  That was a treat because double carbs is a no-no in my book.
After I hung out there for a while, I headed to the stratosphere to win some money. Big mistake.  I lost $20 in 1 minute, literally!  I quickly walked out; I don't know why I even did that because I know I can't stand to gamble.  I'm a sore loser; I can admit that because I want my money back when I buy a dollar scratch off and lose.  But I thought, when in vegas; I then found the internet cafe that offered $2 tequila sunrises and gaming systems at the bar.  I enjoyed 2 not so strong drinks, and killed it at blackjack.  Thank God I had those drinks because I had no idea of the catastrophe ahead of me.
After I got to the airport, I was traveling with (2) 8 oz Moisturize Me jars but security wouldn't let me through with it.  I ended up giving it to a young king & queen walking past, the fact that they looked like me was a bonus.  Thank you my angels for taking the product off my hands so I didn't have to throw away $30 worth of product.  A boss always travels with product, but I'm seeing that different airports are stricter than others.  Which is weird to me because isn't the TSA supposed to be accurate across the board?
After getting to the airport, I quickly found out my flight was delayed for 2 hours and it ended up being 3,  then no connecting flight to my hometown.  I ended up renting a car and driving almost 2 hours to my vehicle then 1/2 hr home.  Sadly, I had to pass my exit on my way to get my car.  I'm just grateful God got me home that night where I slept in my own bed, safe and sound.  Even after all that happened, I'd probably return because I met some awesome like minded folk there. Peace Vegas....for now.

Until next time.....Shauntay

Comments

Popular Posts