The Beast is Free ~ Best Twistout in 2015

Peace & Blessings Curlies,
It’s wash day and I’m elated.  My hair has been in a protective style for a little over a month, but I still conditioned my natural hair using my mix, my Moisturize Me, and my Grow Me (Oil). The plan was to keep it in for 6 weeks, but my edges were getting out of control!  So last night, I let the beast out of her cage and took my crocheted braids out, noticing my growing puff.
I detangled with a wide tooth comb, nourished it with my conditioner mix, and massaged in some Moisturize Me before putting the sections in Bantu Knots.  I wanted to nourish my hair before wash day, and knew my hair wouldn’t be dry the next day which gave my coils time to open.
Just in time for the pre-poo process, I used:
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 Tbs of plain yogurt
  • 7-10 drops of Rosemary essential oil
  • 1 Tbs vegetable oil (can’t use Olive)
  • 1 Tbs of Mayonnaise
(Note:  I increased the amounts because I needed a larger batch.  I had very little left over.)
After mixing it all up and wetting my whole head, I applied it to my strand from root to ends, and covered it with a plastic cap for 45 minutes.  When rinsing out the mixture, use COLD water, otherwise the egg may cook in your hair; you don’t want that!  My hair was dull and flat because it needed protein!  After that mask, she came right back to life. 
Now it was time to wash.  Since I don’t use shampoo, I grabbed my AsIAm coconut Co-wash and went to work.  I let the conditioner stay in for about 15 minutes, not for any specific reason just out of convenience.  For the deep conditioner, I went to my trusted green tea and carrot deep conditioning mask by The Mane Choice, and kept that in for 45 minutes under a plastic cap before rinsing out.
Finally, the wash process is done and now it’s time to style.  I immediately put the leave-in conditioner which was AsIAm, followed up with Moisturize Me, and Grow Me (Oil) before blow drying on cool using the tension method.  (Stretching the hair and blowing the air in a downward direction). Once all the sections were dry, I applied a little more Moisturize Me and twisted.  I tucked and pulled the back up in a clip so they wouldn’t get smushed, tied my hair down with a satin scarf & bonnet, and went to bed.  This morning I untwisted and fluffed my roots with a pick.  This is by far my BEST twist out so far!!  Until next time….Shauntay

Comments

Popular Posts