About Last Night w/ The Wailers - Bob Marley's Band

Hello World,

Yesterday, I celebrated my 36th birthday.  WOW!  I remember turning 25 working at Horizon BCBS, and being depressed that I was a quarter of a century; that seems like a lifetime ago.  Not only did God allow me to see another year, he also blessed me with some special friends.  Senor Jefe made my night giving me these tickets to see The Wailers.  I love you Man, and had a ball for you and the wife.  My rida (slang for close friend) was right by my side.  I'm so grateful that we were able to share this special night together.
 
As you are probably aware, I'm still doing the Ramadan Fast.  It ends on the 17th and I was asked was I going to break the fast for my birthday.  Absolutely not was my response!  I'm at the finish line now, why would I do that?  The fast broke around 8:30 and the first bottle of water was gone on the way there.

We ate beachside and finished up just in time for the main event.  However, I needed more water so I went to the bar for a large cup of water.  I thought she was going to charge me but she just said Happy Birthday.  There was a woman sitting at the bar that said, "It's my birthday and I'm drinking water too!"  We hugged and I felt something familiar so I asked, "Ma'am if you don't mind me asking what is this hard thing?"  She responded, "It's my back brace."  After conversing for a few minutes, we both learned that we had the same surgery months apart.  Ironically, we are both here on our birthday, post surgery, and drinking water?!  Thankfully, I was strong enough to leave my brace in the car.  God is GREAT!!!
 
Here's a clip of one of their performances.  I can honestly say it was nothing but LOVE in the building.  Plus, the majority was drunk which was hilarious by the way.  Bob, your presence was in the building for real!  The band was AMAZING!  They even came back for an encore because we wanted more, lol.
 
 
This was hands down my best summer outing so far.  Until next time......Don't Worry About a Thing because Every Little Thing is Gonna Be Alright......Shauntay 

Comments

Popular Posts