Girls Night In/Out

Peace & Love,
 
Recently, I visited my cousin and her children (6, 4, and 2 months), and I got baby fever.  To cure that, I told them they could spend the night next week.  They were so excited and I used it as an opportunity to teach them the days of the week; I'm always trying to teach the children something.  During the week, if they acted up or wouldn't go to bed, their mom would tell them that they aren't going to come to my house; they were asleep in minutes.  : )
 
These children try to play mind games but don't realize we've been here longer and some of us have gained some wisdom along the way.  Honestly, I don't know why the children always want to stay at my house because I'm old school strict.  I believe they should stay in a child's place and enjoy being a child, they'll have plenty of time to be grown.
I made spaghetti, cabbage, and garlic bread.  We eat at the table in this home so my Goddaughter, the eldest helped me set the table; they even remembered to thank God first, I'm so proud of them.  We watched a movie, I read to them, they played, and then went to bed.  Mom ended up eating with us, fed the baby, put her to sleep, and left.
 
The baby ended up sleeping for 7 hours straight.  What?!  I didn't have any time to spoil her, lol.  I woke her up around 3 in the am, changed her diaper, fed her, talked to her, and laid her back down; she was gone for the next 4 hours.   When she awoke at 7, I had her bottle and pamper ready.  She awoke to me saying, "Good morning princess," she smiled and we spent the morning together until her mom came to get her.  This little girl is such a joy.
Before going to the park, they had matching hairstyles:
  • I sprayed sections with my conditioner mix and worked it through finger detangling, then using a Denmark brush
  • I massaged in some Moisturize Me, flat twisted their edges, and the nape of their necks.  I like to protect the edges especially while wearing ponytails.
  • Made small/medium box twists, pulled and twisted them around each other, and put a ball around them
The children were supposed to snap me back to reality, but they were such a joy.  I'll be allowing them to spend the night again.  Until next time......Shauntay 

Comments

Popular Posts