Curls Unleashed

Curlies,
The hair is finally back!  I took my crochet Marley install out, and my hair was definitely in need of some TLC.  I didn’t intend on keeping it in as long as I did but special cases calls for special circumstances.  I thought the shedding would have been worse but when I separated it by the week (per my normal wash shedding), it made sense; it was a lot of shedding.  I started with oiling my hair & scalp to make the removal easier on my natural hair.  Then followed up with a DIY protein treatment, and proceeded to the Maximum Hydration Method (MHM).  I absolutely love washing my hair using the MHM because it does leave it hydrated.  The process is long though.

Yes, it’s time consuming but after the 2nd or 3rd time using the Kinky Curly Knot Today (Detangler/Conditioner), the finger detangling process becomes quicker.  Most importantly, my hair thanks me for it.  The two bottom right pictures are my Day 1 – Wash and Go hair, some curls showed full hydration and some still need to get there.  To maintain the curls at night, I pineappled my hair.

Now, my Day 2 hair was even better.  I wanted to keep that updo look so I sprayed my hair with the same leave-in conditioner mix used in step 4 of the mhm, and voila.  My curls have been unleashed!  My hair is in need of a trim so I placed my hair in box twists and trimmed.  Pictures are soon to come.  Happy, healthy hair people!  Until next time…….Shauntay

Comments

Popular Posts