The Amazings!!!

Hello World,

This post is dedicated to the amazing individuals that impacted my life during my time in rehab.  These people are selfless and may God continue to bless you & everything you do.  God will always have a ram in the bush for you, I just didn't know that a lot of it would come from strangers.  To me this means, no matter what is happening he'll always have a backup for me because his plans are always better than mine.  Being in and out of the hospital & rehab for a total of 3 weeks, and not having the support system that I'd thought would be there got me down at times, these particular individuals were my Rams in the bush!
 
I mentioned in a previous post that manicures were offered.  They squeezed me in and I got to meet the Director of Activities while I was there.  The next day, she came to my room to see me which is something she never does!  She told me she came to see me because of my vibrant personality and even told me I should be a motivational speaker which isn't the first time I heard this (that'll come in handy when I open my after school program).  Thank you God for giving me favor.
For my Hair:
 
I finally got a chance to do a bun.  However, I'm having the hardest time replicating it.  I have a lot of new growth now so it's definitely necessary to wear headbands.  I wore my headscarf in my room to keep my hair in place until I left the room.  For our nails, we had so many colors to choose from so I chose a purplish glitter (something I never do).  It was cute but didn't have enough shine for me.
While we were getting our manicures, we were talking about where we grew up and one of the ladies said she grew up close to Orange County in California; I said people with money live there.  That's when her colleague said, she played Jan on The Brady Bunch.  I laughed because I thought they were messing with me, but they weren't.  She's so humble and has such a beautiful spirit.  I sat there with my mouth wide open and asked, "Am I the only one that is star struck here?"  I asked for an autograph and picture, but she gave me this instead (2 autograph pictures and 'A Brady Bunch' book).  Geri is so grooooovy!!
 
For my second manicure, I wasn't able to make it to the room where they were given so the manicurist came to me.  How awesome is that or she for doing this because she didn't have to?!  This is what I mean about great customer service.  A perfect manicure for when I tried on jewelry later that day!  Yes, I made the best of my situation since I wasn't going anywhere for a while, I made friends.
During one of my days at bingo, I met a woman that makes handmade bracelets.  She even allowed me to try on some of her gems.  I loved that ruby!!  I'm not one of the crazies regarding engagement rings but when it happens, I wouldn't mind a ruby instead of a diamond; especially with all the drama behind diamonds.  Besides, I'd rather live in our own home, on our own land rather than wearing the down payment on my hand.  These are just my thoughts though. I did purchase a bracelet with rubies though.  : ) 
 
Last, but certainly not least.  How would you feel if a stranger (in a different time zone) decided to send you a care package just because God placed it on their heart?  Let's just say I was shocked beyond surprise.  I was an honored to share this experience with my spiritual sister that decided to bless me with a visit.  I know God sent her there because I was so overwhelmed with emotions that she did most of the picking out, and showing me the heart picked gifts.  Each gift meant something to me and will be used by me or a friend.  I just finished reading the book which will definitely help me write my memoirs. Thank you Crystal for allowing God to use his Angel to get his work done.  You have no idea how much this means to me.  May God continue to bless and use you for his glory! 
 
 
Until next time.....Shauntay
 
Note:  The boxes are available upon request.  The scriptures were strategically placed on the box.  A great gift for young girls or a keepsake box.

Comments

Popular Posts