My Many Faces of Marley

Hola mis amigos,
 
Have I told you how much I love my Marley twists?  I've always been a fan of kinky twists, but these are much longer and easier to pin up.  Ever since my hair has been twisted, I've been playing with different styles.  Having length gives you more flexibility; my hair is no where close to this length, oh I'm having fun!! 
 
 
In this first style, I twisted large sections (maybe 4 or 5), then twisted them around each other, pinning the ends.  It doesn't have to be perfect, just pin to your liking.  As long as you like it, nothing else matters!!
 
At the joining of my cousin and the love of her life becoming 11 like my dad would say, I did a pin up.  When I attend a wedding, I try to wear some type of hair accessory, it seems appropriate for me,  doesn't always happen but I try.  It felt and looked right for me!  Purple seems to be growing on me.
 
 
As I mentioned in previous posts, I'm obsessed with the high buns so I had to take advantage while I have these twists.  I made 2 big twists, and wrapped them around each other using a few pins to secure the bun.  This style comes in handy when you don't have time to do your hair; once your hair is up you treat, tie down, untie and go.  The only con I had was getting in and out of the vehicle without hitting my bun.
 
 
Currently, my hair is twisted on the left side now and it is similar to the pin up on the right.  Even though my hair is in a protective style, my natural hair still needs to be treated and moisturized.  In 3 easy steps:
  1. Spray my roots with my AVJ/Oil mix to wet
  2. Rub Moisturize Me into my scalp and edges
  3. Finished with Grow Me (Oil) and tied it down
Until next time hair lovers......Shauntay


 Note:  Purple flowers purchased at Claires ~ $3 - $5/each (buy one get 2nd 50% off)  ~ There 3 flowers in the above picture

 
 

Comments

Popular Posts