Product Update

Moisturize Me (Shea) samples
Moisturize Me samples are restocked, and Grow Me is officially in it's testing & development stage.  Yay!  I'm so excited to see how she's going to develop because it'll come in 2 forms.  I massaged the liquid form into my scalp, worked it through from root to end, and finished with some Moisturize Me.
 
Yesterday, I trimmed my ends but only took off about a 1/4 inch, even though it looks like I took wayyyyy more.  I put my hair in individual twists, untwisted the ends, and cut.  My ends were a little uneven and I'm hoping this will help with the loose end shedding.  It'll also help me to track the progress of Grow Me and the 30 day Castor Oil challenge I'm doing.
 
Furthermore, my hair hasn't been trimmed for over 3 months so it was about time.  I know others may cut their hair at different times which is great because everyone's hair is different.  I don't cut my hair often because it's always worn curly and I don't use heat because I want to retain length.
 
I do believe my hair journey would've been a lot less cutting if I just did the big chop, but there was no way I was bringing any more attention to my face with those breakouts.  My last perm was in 01/2012 and I transitioned the whole time all the while cutting my ends.  Once my hair started to grow, I felt more comfortable cutting the relaxed hair off.

It has truly been a journey and every moment was NOT a beautiful one.  Especially when I kept buying products that weren't doing what I wanted.  It wasn't until I started being patient, making my own product, and seeing growth that I really started to fall in love with my hair.  Now, I can see my natural curl pattern and try different styles!

To all the frustrated naturlistas and transitioners, hang in there and be patient.  It's worth the reward.
 
Until next time....Shauntay

Comments

Popular Posts