How to Make a Homemade Avocado Hair Mask


Hola
I decided to make an avocado hair mask for my mane’s treatment.  My hair still sheds but the amount has substantially lessened since I’ve been (pretty much) sticking to my regimen.  I always pre-poo whether it is with conditioner, oils, or a mask; pre-treating my hair is a must for me.  Now, this regimen may not be for everyone; one must do what’s best for themselves.
To create this mask, I used:
  • 1 whole ripe Avocado (forgot to take a picture of the Avocado)
  • 1/2 cup of Almond Milk
  • 3 Tablespoons of Grape Seed Oil
  • Mixer/Blender similar to the Magic Bullet
I wanted to do an Egg Mask, but I only had egg whites so I’ll try that one next.  Feel free to substitute the milk for whatever you like (Whole Milk, 2%, etc.).  I only drink Almond Milk so I used what I had to get what I needed.  : )  It worked though and brought my hair back to life.

My hair was already in twists so I applied the mask to the twists from root to end, wrapped it up with plastic wrap, put a shower cap on, and left it in overnight.  Why overnight?  Because, I started my hair late and didn’t feel like being up all night doing my whole wash process.  As you can see in the above picture, my hair was super moisturized so I wore it like that and took the twist out the next day.  I used the leftovers to do a 2nd mask because I didn’t want to waste it, but only left it in for 20 minutes.



Then, I followed my usual co-washing process in this order:
  • Co Washed using TRESemme Curl Hydration Conditioner
  • Deep Conditioned using The Mane Choice Deep Conditioner
  • Clarified using an Apple Cider Vinegar/Water mix
  • Conditioned using AsIam Leave-In
  • Styled using Moisturize Me
It’s really amazing to me how many products I have in my kitchen that I can use in my hair.  When you make your own products, you know exactly what is going into your hair.  That is the best part for me!  Stay tuned…Shauntay


Comments

Popular Posts