Protective Style - 2 Strand Single Box Twists

Vivir bien (Live Well),
Yesterday my curls were ruined by the humidity, plus the fact that my hair wasn't fully dry probably didn't help.  In preparing for bed, I pinned up the sides for a Mohawk the next day, which was an epic fail by the way. 
 
I ended up:
  • Spraying my mane with my AVJ/oil mix
  • Massaged in some Moisturize Me
  • Put a couple of twists in the front
  • Pinned it up (bobbi pins) & put on a loose scrunchy
  • Finished with a headband
I planned for a hairstyle, it turned out horrible, so I improvised.  That's the life of a Naturalista, and I love every minute of it!  It's kind of like life because Life happens, but you improvise.
That night, I had to set my hair for bed and decided to do some 2 strand single box twists.  I've been wanting to do this for a while but it takes time.  Gracias a Dios por el tiempo (Thank you God for the time)!
 
To create that shine, I used:
  • My AVJ/oil mix
  • Moisturize Me (shea)
  • 5 Flexi rods to curl the ends 
My hair will stay in these twists until wash day.  I recently saw a video by MahoganyKnots doing a beautiful pinup with her twists.  I'm definitely going to try that & share.  I really enjoyed wearing my twists today.  My scalp felt free and cool (if that makes sense), my hair is soft and bouncy, and it gets some rest.
 
Bonus:
 
My little princess is back.  She was a little tired after sitting for an hour, so I didn't get the best pictures.  It's ok though because she's 10 months old and sat there like a big girl to get her hair done.  I'm in awe of this little girl.   Until next time......Shauntay
 
Flat Twists - Moisturize Me (Mango)

 
 

Comments

Popular Posts