Updo Hairstyle using Moisturize Me

Hola Mundo,

It's been a very busy week, but some goals have been accomplished so I'm content.  I wanted to update you guys with an updo that I've been wearing.  I love updo's because they look so elegant, but gives your hair a break at the same time.  I can't lie, this hairstyle has me feeling amazing!
 
As you can see, the shine is on point, my hair is moisturized, and my scalp feels so much better.  I created this style using:
  • My Aloe Vera Juice mix (AVJ w/oils) to wet my mane instead of water
  • Added Moisturize Me to the horizontal flat twist in the back & the two-strand twists
  • Used bobby pins instead of rubber bands at the end of the flat twists so they won't unravel as they dry.  (You can take the pins out if you like when styling)
1st Day Twist Out
 
2nd Day-Twist Out

However, at bedtime I was supposed to moisturize and re-twist my two strands, but after all the festivities I was too tired.  I put my satin bonnet on and went to bed.  I wasn't upset in the morning because it was still moisturized and had shine.  I picked out my roots and started my day.
 
Lastly, I'm going to work on a flat twist tutorial for you guys.  Some people are asking me how I do them so I want to share but creating videos to share is new to me.  I learned by watching YouTube videos.  I had to practice over and over because my fingers kept trying to create a braid.  Now, I have to master parting the back of my head.  Practice makes perfect!
 
Until next time....
 
Shauntay

Comments

Popular Posts